Tuesday 1 March 2011

Welcome!

Hello everyone -- and welcome to my blog of goodness.

Initially, I resisted jumping on the blogging bandwagon -- I thought since I didn't have one interest I wanted to blog about specifically, it just wasn't going to fly.

This is going to be my attempt to bring together many of the things I enjoy, and tie them all together and hopefully pique the interest of some other 20-something female hockey fans (and non-fans, too!) and blog about something a little off the beaten path.

I am a proud Canadian, and have been lucky to have visted all the provinces now except Newfoundland (and no Territories, yet!) and I have lived in four: Ontario, Quebec, Alberta and Manitoba. I have worked as a reporter, photographer, writer, journalist, editor, page-designer, copy-editor ... everything you can imagine. I have worked at a corporate-owned daily and a tiny family-owned weekly. I've lived in Toronto, Montreal, and tiny towns you might miss if you blink.


My favourite place in the world is "the rink" - whichever one I think is "mine" at the time, but I also make time for more female things, to which I hope some of you can relate. I read hockey romance novels, paint my nails, bake cupcakes for my hockey player friends when they're in town for games, and scrapbook. I also enjoy cooking, making things (food, decorations, you name it) and I love Christmas and winter.

In case you're wondering why I picked Hockey Foxx, it's a little bit of my cheeky take on Puck Bunny. This blog won't be gushing over how hot Sidney Crosby is (even though, really, he IS so hot) though, I may mention it a time or two. Fox is an old nickname I have had for many years, and I thought I'd have a little fun with it.

So, enjoy what's to come and don't be shy - drop me a line!



No comments:

Post a Comment