Thursday 17 March 2011

A little bit of bling

I am not a huge jewellery person. I usually tend to wear three small sterling silver bracelets on my right wrist, some nice earrings and a small pendant on a silver chain.

I have a number of them, and I'm always on the lookout for something cool or different, especially since I wear so little.

This post was actually inspired by my friend Julie over at Cheap Chic by Julie, who always has great ideas on how to live well on a budget.

With the popularity of beading and jewellery-making on the rise, I often scope out the bead aisle on my scrapbooking pilgrimages to Michaels and Wal-Mart. A friend of mine told me to check out the selection there, and as a former bead-addict myself, I thought I'd take a gander.

I came across some beautiful pieces, which I bought for very little (under $5 a pop!) and slip on and off of a plain silver chain.





I picked up each of these at Michaels or Wal-Mart for a few bucks, and rotate them along with a few other small charms and pendants I have depending on my mood or outfit.

Another great place to look for items like this is at the second hand stores - I plan to soon hit up one of the second-hand shops to add to my book collection in the near future, and I usually check the jewellery selection as well.

No comments:

Post a Comment