Monday 14 March 2011

Say what!

The other night, I saw some very happy BBM statuses from a couple of my kids ... it looked like the Terriers had won Game 6 on the road and earned the first-round series win ... and then I saw my favourite little goalie whose status said "my goalie coach knocked out the other team's assistant coach." Umm what!

From what I can gather, things got a little heated at the end of the game, with an opposing player cheap-shotting one of our rookies from behind. And then. (And then .........) apparently, the other team's assistant coach jumped into our bench and started throwing bombs.

So ... our goalie coach, Jim, hit this guy and the fans are in uproar.

On a day-to-day basis, long before the train-wreck that is Charlie Sheen appeared, I would check the league gossip page. I had heard about how brutal the MJHL forum was back in my OPJHL days, but didn't really get to see how brutal it was until I began covering the league.

Just wanted to share this little gem from the lovely people in Swan River, Manitoba.

"I guess enough was enough,Byzynski...3 teeth,stiches,full shield...Reimer...2 teeth, stiches......Marshall,slashed wrist,possible broken bone,playing cast.What happened at the end was certainly stupid and un-necessary and whatever penalties,fines or suspensions are handed out,will be accepted and dealt with.The taunting at the end of the game by the whole Port. bench was the final straw.By the way, this little dust-up happened in front of about 50 assorted fans,the little Port. guy was thrown'em but never landed one and he's LUCKY the linesman,Hutlet had both of Andersons arms pinned back...you might also like to know that Kirkup got a puck in the face during a practice, hence the eye!"

 My favourite is when the hicks in one small town start calling the hicks in some other town "bush-whackers" and other assorted names. Anyway, so apparently it's our fault Swan's assistant coach jumped in our bench ... #winning.


Nothing on the league website about whether this joker of a coach is going to be suspended or what.

Terrible example to be setting for the players, and while I have very little faith in the MJHL commissioner, I still have a little hope that potentially the league comes down hard on this type of behaviour and discourages it.

No comments:

Post a Comment