Friday 11 March 2011

Sad news

There was no update yesterday night, unfortunately, as I wasn't feeling like I had the words to say.

Earlier this month, I was looking at a friend of mine's Facebook status, and it said something like "if anyone has seen my girl, please text or call me!" and I wasn't really sure what that meant. As the days progressed, I realized something was wrong.

It turns out my friend Gus's girlfriend was missing. She had disappeared into the night after what I discerned from Gus's explanation as a disagreement of some kind with a family member.

The news had picked up the story and was reporting there were cops, searchers, dogs, helicopters looking for Tawny ... which I posted the link to on my Facebook in hopes maybe one of my Alberta friends had seen her.

Last night, however, I was greeted with the gruesome news that Tawny's body had been found and she will be laid to rest.

Gus was one of the hockey players on one of my favourite teams I ever worked for, and was always a joy to be around. I can't say how sad I am for Gus and his beautiful children.

Gus told his kids Tawny is in heaven. "God needed another beautiful angel," he said.

Rest in peace, Tawny.

No comments:

Post a Comment