Thursday 8 September 2011

Big weekend

This is the weekend I've been waiting for ... I'm hoping to get down to Chesswood for the Bantam tourney tomorrow after work to see one of my favourite coach's sons play, followed by Saturday afternoon at the Toronto International Film Festival, where I'll be going to see the upcoming hockey film, Goon, co-written by Canadian boy Jay Baruchel and starring Seann William Scott, otherwise known as American Pie's Stiffler. And then Saturday night is our home opener!

Sounds like a good weekend, right?

I have also started blogging for hockey lifestyle apparel company, Gongshow, who I have long-since been a fan of. From reading my blogs, you'll see their name littered in here a few times ... not product placement! I actually do love their products and wear them. I was in my first year of university (about a hundred years ago) when this guy on the team at school somehow got me talking to his friend from back home, who ran this hockey website, and I remember him telling me on ICQ (one of my puppies said the other day I'm dating myself by saying I used ICQ ... C'monnn I'm not THAT old?) he said, "Check out my website."

And now look at it. Very cool, glad to be a part of it.

Now, what's totally unbelievable to me, is that with all these exciting things, not one of the boys has bothered to ask me what I'm going to wear! (For my new readers, this is Foxy's idea of humour.)

I really want to talk lots about Goon, but I'll save it until after I actually see the finished product. There is one thing, that I definitely will say I am going to try to wear. My mukluks. Last year, when they were filming in our rink in Winnipeg, we had a game earlier in the evening, and then was going to cover the movie shoot, which started at 11 p.m. after the team was finished. I stayed at the rink after, sat down in the rink office and wrote my game story while I waited for some famous people. (Be nice to the rinkies, and they'll be nice to you.)
I love this picture because it was taken from our bench. The girl who was doing the stills was tall like me and had those amazing furry boot-covers. If you look across at the top, that's the press box. During the second period (when my team was shooting away from where I stand to take photos) you would find me here eating my supper -- usually ceasar salad with chicken -- and a large coffee with three milks. (First person to buy me a coffee this season gets a mention haha)

The movie people were using our team's dressing room as one of the filming locations, and I was trying to get down to the room to Coach's office, and there were people all over the place. As I was making my way down the hall, the girl in charge of wardrobe spotted me and said, "Great outfit! Looks very authentic!" Then asked me if I was looking for the casting director. "Oh, I'm not an extra," I had to explain. "I work here." A couple of the other girls were asking me where I got them (which, as you know from my posts below is from a little old lady who makes them by hand. Best way to make other girls jealous ... exclusive footwear.) So, I figured since I'll likely be the only person from Winnipeg here in TO watching the movie at TIFF, I'll try to wear them. Unless it's 30 degrees. They're just too hot.

And as for the home opener? I haven't 100% decided yet. I'm thinking black stiletto boots, darkwash denim Bench jacket and grey dress pants. I'm still debating about wearing a hat or not. I think hats and heels look silly together, and usually tend to pick one or the other. One small problem .... the coach, who is my dear friend ... is the same height as me. If I wear heels, he will look tiny. (I have a cute story about that. I think I'll write it in my Gongshow blog one day.)

For all the girls who don't follow Junior and have to wait another month for hockey to start, have you given any thought to what you might wear? (And what's the weather like where you watch hockey?)

Are you on Twitter? @hockey_foxx ... get at me :)

And give my boy Smitty a read at http://justdangle.blogspot.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment