Friday 2 September 2011

Afternoon pracky

Last week, I talked a little about some stylish options for evening games at the rink this season. I wanted to touch a little on some more casual items that would work for a practice or maybe an afternoon game, depending.

Yesterday, I got my box of goodies from Gongshow Gear with the swag I won in a contest. The T-shirt I picked (with a very sassy "You had me at hockey" in bold letters on the front) isn't exactly good attire to wear to a game, I'd probably wear it to the bar. My new purple hoodie, however, was perfect for a social night out at the rink last night, as I went to watch an exhibition game where a team I used to work for was playing at a rink near my house. I rocked this with dark rinse jeans and one of my Gongshow lids (at right: Gongshow Rockstar, in white) and flip flops. I got "the nod" from one of the home team players, who was sitting in the stands in his suit and Gongshow's Loaded Up liddy on.

I'm also a huge fan of Bench -- I have a couple hoodies and a denim jacket from Bench that are excellent fitting and look polished with either dress pants or jeans. Their prices are fairly high, so I recommend waiting for a sale. The Bay is starting to carry a decent bunch of Bench stuff, so if you have a Bay card and collect points or wait for a good sale, that's always a good idea. I recently picked up a zip-up at a warehouse sale for 40$ (regular price $90) and hope to get down to their store at Fairview Mall in Toronto some time this fall.

I have also been scouring the fashion world for some fun finds that can go from afternoon to evening, in case you've got more than one rink to be at. Danier leather had some edgy rockstar-worthy purses in the fall collection, including this studded little purse, which I thought was fresh and visually interesting. There were some other sizes and shapes of bags with a similar idea. I think the different colour studs on this particular piece add a great touch of colour and texture. Going back again to my previous post, snake skin is indeed in. They had some beautiful tooled leather that was dyed and imprinted to look like snakeskin, and some other detailed leather-work bags with a modern edginess to them.


I have been out in the field shooting recently and have seen also a great deal of plaid. If you're not a huge fan of plaid, or tartan, or buffalo check, but want to get in on the trend, there are a lot of cool accessories like purses, scarves, even jewellery you can add to a more subdued coloured outfit. Personally, I really like the look of plaid and tartan, and have a red and black Buffalo check scarf I hope to get out this fall. My latest bucket from Gongshow is plaid on the front.

My new team's home opener is next Saturday night, and I can't wait til the puck drops!

No comments:

Post a Comment