Saturday 1 October 2011

Where the heck have I been?

Wow. It's been a crazy past few weeks!
I have been working like a dog, getting everything going with the new team, shooting, writing, blogging for Gongshow, and still found time to go over to the Dusters game last Tuesday to see all the boys. Even if Boothy&Bucks bailed early because they're lame ... They promised to hang out next week, though.
And it sure was nice to actually be able to spend a few minutes with coach ALONE .. no Dusters, no puppies .. and be able to talk about some things I'm a little concerned about with our team.

The puppies are awesome -- I love them, they're hilarious, and I've been having a fun time doing the work I'm doing for them. Right now, I'm lining up charity/community functions for them to attend, like Hallowe'en activities in town for kids. The weekend of Hallowe'en, the boys will be very busy, and almost all, if not every one of them, will be attending a function here in town, where they will be dressed up in costume (likely their jerseys and makeup ... one guy requested they be "hockey zombies") so I get to do their face paint, which I'm super excited for.

We will also be going in the Santa Claus parade (I hope) with our jerseys and perhaps a little accessory that will embarrass the boys, but make me laugh hysterically.

I'm planning a Hallowe'en function, and a night for Big Brothers/Big Sisters to come free of charge to one of our home games. I'm also planning to have the boys work with some local scout/cub groups, not sure what they will do, but maybe play a little ball hockey or something? There is also apparently a charity ball hockey tournament coming up in November that I'm trying to get the boys into.

And of course I have found a little time to do some shopping as well ... last week I picked up a black and white houndstooth winter scarf, white sunglasses with rhinestones (SO me), a teal top, and FINALLY got my peacock feather earrings ... they're from Jay Manuel, which I got at Sears for 30% off. I also recently picked up a top in a purple colour that's a sort-of eggplant, but a little bit lighter. I am definitely loving all the jewel-tone items around these days, I think the colours are great for fall, and will transition well into winter. I bought this blouse (at right, sans hideous cardigan and ugly belt) and I like it so much I may buy it in purple also.

I bought some Borghese nailpolish on sale (buy-one-get-one) at Shoppers, which I think will be an excellent investment. I picked up an understated gold, and a cute mint green. I also picked up three eye-shadows from the Maybelline eye-studio collection, including a set of purples to replace one I am almost out of, a black/blue combo, and some greens, which I think will be nice to wear with some neutral colours.

One of the eye palettes I got this week .. they were on sale at Shoppers regular 12.99 for 6.99 and I had a leftover gift card, so I bought three. This one is from the regular collection, and the other two I got were purples and greens from the five-colour palettes. The white on the far left is easily one of my favourite shadows of all-time.

This is one of the polishes I picked up, regular price 13.99, buy one get one free! This colour is called Lira and is a soft gold shimmer. (Shimmer, not glitter.) The mint-green one I picked up is called Menta.

On a more hockey-related note: It appears as though my boy Mike Duco will be a member of the Chicago Wolves this year in the American Hockey League. Hopefully now that he's back under the radar in the AHL, he'll be able to get his twitter back. I'm also slightly weirded out that he will be playing with persons I have based characters on for my novel I wrote this spring, but maybe if I go visit Mike, I'll be able to actually meet these people, which might be cool?

Hope to be able to make more time for posts in the coming days!

No comments:

Post a Comment