Wednesday 12 October 2011

Awesome fall goodness!!

Happy Thanksgiving, Foxes!

Hope the long weekend was a wonderful, relaxing and happy time for you all. I had the opportunity to visit our nation's capital and spend time with wonderful family friends and many of my own friends -- including a couple I haven't seen in far too long.

Two weekends ago, I attended a country fair, where I perused many goods, including the wares of a local bath & body company called Gridley's -- located not too far from Toronto, in Woodville, Ontario. If you're like me, and adore lavishing your skin with the best products, I must say, this stuff is top notch. For those into buying local, this stuff is not only produced locally, but all the herbs used in the products are grown right here in Ontario as well, and Michele creates some amazing things with her own ingredients.

Slice of Rasperry Pie soap. Smells as good as it looks!
She had a variety of products for sale, one which I completely loved, as I have never seen anything like it before (and I'm a complete expert on this stuff, if you haven't noticed) was a soap pie! You could buy a slice of the little soap pie, or perhaps get a little soap cupcake instead! There were a number of delicious-smelling soaps, including Momma Foxy's favourite, Lemon Verbena (which she pays an arm and a leg for from L'Occitane en Provance ... though she isn't a huge bath/body connoisseur, my mom does love that soap) ... a heavenly-smelling vanilla, and one with no smell at all, called Nonsense. (Took us a few minutes to figure out the joke ... amazing, though, right?) I ended up purchasing some scented body powder, which I couldn't love more. There were a few fragrances I was having a hard time deciding between, including one that was a coconut scent that smelled just like sunblock ... and my final purchase, Pumpkin Spice. Smells like nutmeg and cinnamon and delicious fall things. I may be in love.

Speaking of pumpkin spice, I whipped up a batch of cookies to take with me to Ottawa, and used a base recipe for plain cookies, and added pumpkin puree, pumpkin pie spice, white chocolate chips and pecans. They were a big hit at the parties I attended over the weekend, and while I found the recipe a little too cakey for my like of cookies, they tasted just like pumpkin pie, all wrapped up in a neat little package. Definitely a way to consider including pumpkin in your fall desserts without whipping up a pie.

In hockey related news ....

My friend Mike Duco is back on Twitter! Finally! He is using the handle @Duco1787 and will be donating $1,000 to charity if he gets to 5,000 followers so follow away!

My puppies are awesome -- we had the weekend off, but we're back on the ice this weekend, and I am excited. Minus missing my dear friend, JD, who will no longer be behind the bench of the team after getting a more lucrative and exciting opportunity with another team in our league. I will still be seeing him at Dusters on the weekly, but just not the same at hockey without him.

With the weeks starting to wind down in my current contract, I am starting to look for another job to help pay the bills while I rock around the rink on the weekends. I have applied for a couple so far, including one with an AHL team and one with the CBC.

I am also looking forward to Hallowe'en ... I plan to dress in a hockey jersey and rabbit ears. Figure it out ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment