Friday 15 July 2011

Bring Back Mike Duco!

Breaking news: 4:43 pm EDT, Anthony Stewart says "I got the guy back ;)" (except he wrote bacj instead of back, but I knew what he meant haha)

Apparently, it appears not only have I over-estimated Greg Wyshynski's intellegence and work ethic (gasp!), I have also misplaced the blame.

Turns out my nemesis "Puck Daddy" did not start the Mike Duco slander campaign ... it was some blogger from Vancouver, who writes in the Vancouver Sun. (I love how condescending I am toward bloggers still, despite the fact that I no longer work as a real reporter.)

I just went to check my bbm and saw someone had changed their status to #passittobulis ... being that I don't check twitter 300 times per day, it appears I have missed something in the past four hours.

Mike Duco's friend and fellow NHLer, Anthony Stewart, with his quirky sense of humour, has started a Twitter campain to "Free Mike Duco."

Mike has deleted his twitter, and Anthony's prodding of #idrather .... than #passittobulis lead to Pass It To Bulis latest post which reads:

Everyone: I’ve got good news and bad news. The good news? #PassittoBulis is trending right now. Hooray! The bad news? It’s trending because Anthony Stewart blames us for Mike Duco’s Twitter account, as the above tweet indicates. He’s been slagging us all morning. My favourite one? I’d rather move to the ‘Peg than #PassittoBulis. Joke’s on him, though. If he ever gets traded to this blog, we’re gonna run him out of town.

(I'm a little disappointed that I wasn't the first one to come up with that Winnipeg one, I tweeted that at Anth right before I started this blog post haha but at least I had the sense and decency to say #LoserPeg ... and I said move BACK to #LoserPeg. Yikes!)

While I see PITB is now apologising for the controversy his post has created, I do still think he needs a geography lesson. "Duco, who grew up in Toronto and, like most Easterners ... " Umm what? Easterners wear yellow rain coats and have accents and say Lord Jesus T'underin b'y ... I haven't seen the Atlantic Ocean in about six or seven years. Not sure where this guy thinks we live, but ... I digress.

I hope when I see Michael next Tuesday, (after the Dusters beat the Swappers, of course) he tells me that he will be reinstating his Twitter :)

And maybe when Anth gets back from vacation, he'll fire me a comment for my blog ;)

#BRINGBACKMIKEDUCO

ps: to the IDIOT that wrote "I would love, LOVE to see Anthony Stewart get traded to the Jets. NHL Twittergate part 2 anyone?" ... He was property of the "Jets" up until a couple weeks ago when they didn't give him a QO ... Settle down, Armchair GM.

No comments:

Post a Comment